August 22 2011
Well we had a big storm last night. And I guess we have the biggest hurricane since 2004 coming in. and it should hit us depending on this cold front that we have. haha this is crazy stuff! I guess I need some humbling.. That was nice of you to help steph with her dishes while she was away. How is work for her? Her hours any better? He is staring back to school? That’s way exciting! Yeah the U is super expensive. Is he going to be taking out loans or what? Or are they making enough to pay for it our of pocket? And I love you mom! You always make me laugh and some how find tabs on me no matter where I go!
Well hello dad, how are you doing this week? Are you really tired form all the mowing or what is it like? How is the family doing? My week was really really good!
Monday, I fixed the wall, cut the old sheet rock out and squared it up, and then cut the new piece with an old rusty square, and it fit like a glove, sanded it down a little on the right side and bottom half but it fit really well, we screwed all three corners in, but the drill was not very good... so we couldn’t get the fourth one in, so we put some tape and a lot of mud over it. And I taped it and mudded it, I will sand it today and put on another coat of mud. Sand it and paint it as soon as possible. It’s been a lot of fun fixing.
So I guess we have a hurricane coming in... This should be exciting!
Tuesday we went to a members home who had damage to here turkey house, and we cut up trees and moved them around, we cut through a log with an ax faster than a chainsaw! It was so much fun! We then went and helped sort old tools for a yard sale that took some time, I threw an ax into a tree and also a hatchet! I am getting pretty lethal with the training I am receiving out here.. Watch out!! We had coordination meeting, and set a few things straight
Wednesday Had baptismal interviews; It ate up a lot of our day, I was on exchange with elder forcey, Spanish work. So I smiled all day and only said hola! We then had ward correlation meeting and we should have gotten the exchange problem solved, I hope!
Thursday, we went up to Goldsboro for interviews with president. We wanted to go to this food place up there; all you can eat Chinese for 4 dollars! But guess what, it was way to crowded and we didn’t have that kinda time ya see. So we went over to arbys, o that wasn’t that bad, I guess its healthy, right? Well we had district meeting and interviews; mine went well Well we got home had dinner and then went out and tried to find a few people nothing much.
Friday we did some more service we went to the turkey house and we were moving sheet metal and that stuff cut clean through my leather glove! haha and the pants that I ripped were some slacks, my gray ones, it was right in the seam, so I will probably sew that together today with some black thread. haha it was because I was sweating so much out in the heat and they stuck to me.
Saturday, we went to the church cleaned the font and filled it We then planned and went to a family in the ward, and we shared a thought and the members are becoming very excited about missionary work, its great!
Sunday we had 3 investigators at church, that was our goal! Well after church we ate with bro. Sutton and it was great! Then we went out and visited members. we came home and went to bed to a huge thunder and lightning storm, like it looked like the light was being turned on and off so bright! Well everything is going great here in mt olive. Just got to stay patient and learn and grow! And have my testimony grow! Well have great week! I love you! Love, elder Farr!



No comments:
Post a Comment