North Carolina Raleigh Mission

North Carolina Raleigh Mission

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

APRIL 4, 2011 JACKSONVILLE

Hello family, I sent a package to elder Warner, I hope he likes it. I will be calling in about five weeks I think... that will be crazy! Hope you are all ready for that, maybe I will talk for six minutes, just depends...lol.
It is going grand! Elder Hafen is being transferred, I will be receiving a new companion tomorrow, and I won't know who it is till he shows up... hahahah oh fun! The weather is a sunny 85 and going up surely. My contacts are holding out well, and I can still see, so I figurer that is good to go.. The Ogden temple will be closed for that long huh, that’s rather long, let’s hope we will be able to get in still, I can’t wait to go again. This transfer, I will be able to visit the temple, call home, and reach 5 months on the nose! It’s a big transfer, and to top it off, we hope to have a baptism, well we always hope for that, but that would just make the transfer. Actually probably my happiest moment on my mission was when we asked a man whom we have been teaching if he had prayed about the book of Mormon, he said yes, and we asked what his answer was, and he said yes.... it made me soo happy and it took my words out of my mouth... I know we are here to baptize all that we can, but we can’t lose sight of those whom have fallen through the cracks of the gospel either through anti material, or even being offended, which happens all to often.. I have come to realize that we cannot judge others, if they are smoking, we don’t know why, and we know that we can help. So we cant judge, but must offer that help. I have really found out how judgmental I was, and how I do not want to be like that any longer.
The mowers are all up and running, I like the sound of that, maybe if I am lucky someone will let me mow their lawn out here, I would really enjoy that. Good, I am glad your test went though okay and all is well with your backside. Now aren’t you glad that you got that taken care of? I sure am! I was able to watch all ten hours of conference and took notes on all sessions@! That’s a first for me... I was amazed at how all my questions were answered and how it was so simple by just listen and taking notes, it makes them much more enjoyable! ?This week... I bought five ties for 89 cents, got to love those thrift stores, still haven't found a suit.. Had my companion get sick, cleaned the house, worked on a wall, and cleaned out a crazy house, you know that show, hoarders? Yeah, it was like that. Oh funny story, so we were taking out the fridge, and we cleaned it out.... another story in its own self.... but so the fridge is hooked to the water line, for ice and such, I asked, elder Hafen is the water turned off, because he played with the nozzle, he said, yeah I am pretty sure.... so I am twisting it off, and I see water dripping out, I was like um are you sure.. He said yeah! So I pull it off and a wall of water hit me! Hah it just kept coming, I was in my suit pants and shirt and tie, and I kind of didn’t act super fast so I got drenched, and the floor.  hah so I hurry and put the line back on and tightened in, and I looked at him and said, hum off huh.. He was laughing and said I told you I thought it was... so I turned it off and took it off.  I also got a glow belt for free, and a neat marine sign I will be sending home at some time.
 I hope everyone enjoyed conference, we set up tables in the chapel to take notes on, and it was grand! We had a brunch, but not a lot of food was brought, so I only had some ice cream that was left in the freezer from the night before at the priesthood ice cream social they had. YUm! ha but everyone was fed and the dishes were done for them all. Suit season is over!!! I am sitting with just a white shirt, I feel kind of naked... good thing I have my nametag on! Ha well I think that is about it for the week... I will talk to ya'll in a few weeks! Like five weeks! I think... Hope I get along with my new companion! I now weigh 184 pounds! Six shy of my goal! Sorry I did not write last week, I was super busy, and it was a crazy day. We put up a members tramp for her at like nine to ten... we got home late and it was cold but it was great! Her girls were sooo excited, it was well worth it! Biking is great! And I enjoy it a lot!! Well, I love you all, have a great week! love, elder FARR.

No comments: