march 28, 2011
Hey family,
Well I am doing great and am continuing to do very well in all areas! My contacts are holding up great and I have plenty left! And no more are ready for baptism yet, we decided to basically start over in our area, and so far it's going really good!! we found four new investigators this last week!! but I will say more about that later. oh in the box I would love to have more pictures!! can't get enough of them, really I can't! well that gps sounds really nice and I know it will help a lot during and after my mission! thanks so much dad! and at the surplus store I bought some sweat pants and some camo shoes, but I decided that I will not spend any more money on unimportant items. Oh and I received the pictures you sent, I LOVED them, I love seeing all about the family and how everything is going, the cut out look amazing!!! just like me, except for the fact that Andy looked taller than me... haha just teasing about that one, it looked great, I felt like I was home and at the wedding, I am so glad that everything went so well with the wedding, it is crazy to think that it is all ready all over and that she is out on her own... You really have got to stop the whole shoveling snow when you are not supposed to be out doing that dad, you're going to make me fly home and smack some sense into you!!! so help me! take it easy! Church sounded good, that's a lot of church for you dad, but it is such a blessing that you have the opportunity to always be there and be able to feel the special spirit in those buildings! oh sheet rocking is coming along really well, I have learned a few tricks and figured it's always good to add a few cm on angles, and that it's easy to shave down, but hard to add too. So I have actually been sheet rocking at two different less active members, my comp never had the opportunity to do the work before, but he has now done it about four times! and he is picking up,. but all in all it was really good! this week, I blew my tire out, walked to an appointment, had a southern Baptist pull over and give us bottles of water, hiding our bikes, walking home for two hours, and then having a guy pull us over a street from home and ask us to come over sometime and now his wife is an investigator!! the lord works in mysterious ways, flat tire days are the best in the mission! ha I also blew my tire out again and was miles from home and we were going to be late and called for a ride and were picked up in front of this place called drift wook, aka, a strip club... and it was after curfew.. ha the man who picked us up had a laugh at us, and so did his wife... Also we have been visiting a lady for months... actually missionaries have been visiting her for years and still she has faced the same trials, but finally I had enough and was bold with the spirit telling me what to say and she finally opened up, tears were shed, and the truth was revealed and now she is reading daily, coming to church, and she sees the difference in her life, the spirit so key to this work!!! We cannot counsel, but we can direct them to the spirit who can cure all problems! Well, I don't think that there is much more to say... It was a great week, and this should be an amazing one as well! it's 32 degrees right now and that's 50 less than last week, how crazy! The work goes on and I love you! I Hope I answered a few questions! oh and I heard from elder hafen that President Packer said that this is one of the most obedient missions in the world.. So good thing that this is so strict around here! haha I am scared to slip up! um, I think that is all! Much love, love, elder Tyler James Farr, your son!
okay so Me the Mom am not too sure who, what, where, or what exactly is going on in each picture but I am just sharing.
ALSO JUST HAD TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT ON MARCH 25TH ELDER TYLER FARR HAS BEEN OUT SERVING FOR
100 DAYS!



No comments:
Post a Comment