North Carolina Raleigh Mission

North Carolina Raleigh Mission

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MARCH 7, 2011

I am doing great and am really healthy! We did not go bowling last week, no money... um interesting story.... we were walking to an appointment for some reason and while walking at an intersection a car honked and we waved and it was at night and then they followed us and they pulled over and long story short wants to hear more! So it was a miracle that we were there at that moment in time, but not a whole lot happened this week. It was a slow one. One thing that I have noticed that on a mission the extraordinary becomes ordinary as in, we begin to become use to rather extraordinary things and we lose sight of them. We try to remember them but it’s hard at times. But I know the lord is watching over me and all the missionaries! I love the letters you send, the pink brightens my day. I am excited to receive the pictures.
Oh and I got the package, and I loved it!! And I got both your letters; I love getting your letters! And how is the yard coming along? Oh we went to stake conference on Saturday night and didn’t get home until almost 11.... but the mission pres was there and he Okayed it for us... phew scary! Well I got a new desk and it is really nice and big and I have all my stuff set up nice. And we were sick this last week, well elder hafen more than I, so we were down for half the week... we have 3 baptismal dates and hope they are solid and will stick! The work is coming great we have a lot of potential in the area; we just have to go out and contact it. It’s kind of crazy.
Sorry this is so short I will try to write more in my letter, oh and about sacrament and Sabbath day. Pg 74 in preach my gospel and the part where it says countries that begin to slack in their Sabbath day service... or along those lines. Well you can apply that to a person on a scale of just ourselves and also you can look at that on the flip side ad say those that obey the Sabbath will have increase. Sorry it’s so rushed and also I really like dc 59: 9-15 and also 3 Nephi 18: 1-25 and where it says filled, it means filled with the spirit. So there are a few insights and also there is a proper way to take the sacrament. By offering up our broken hearts and contrite spirits to receive forgiveness and to be made whole to receive new ones from the lord. It’s a covenant, which means, it goes both ways. Sorry I will have more next week! I love you dad!!! And I love the trip that we took together, I think about it often! Have a great week!!! I love you! Love elder Farr.

No comments: