Hey dad, so i just saw the message that you sent, sorry about that, i was transferred and the library was closed on the holiday weekend. But i am now sending one. It sounds like you had a great week. Well i am now in New Bern North Carolina. I am really excited to be here. What did i learn at the meeting, i learned that the biggest act of disobedience is thinking of yourself. I guess to explain is that we made a promise that we would leave the world behind and keep all the rules and that when we are not doing that, it’s because we are putting ourselves above our covenants. Anyway that was something that i really enjoyed to hear. It was a great meeting, i sent a picture of all in attendance to mom. How do i look? I have put some more weight on in my face, what do you think about it? Ha. That is great news about the mission. I have thought how it would have been nice to have a set of elders just for our ward like how it is out here, and how it would be great to always have the influence in the ward. But i guess that stake is the next best thing. That is really exciting! But that is exciting to think that we will have some missionaries in the area! I will have to go out with them on exchange when i get back. Let me know how it goes. Well i really reported it all to moms email, i hope that you have a great week, i love you dad!
Friday, June 1, 2012
MAY 31, 2012
Hey mom how are you doing?! It sounds like you are having a good time and that the party went really well, wow Andy is 2nd in his class.... Boy, he is really trying to make things hard for me isn’t he?! He knows that everything is a competition, right?! Ha well sorry it took me so long to write, library was closed on Monday, holiday, and on Tuesday I got transferred. So that was really exciting.... Can you guess where i am?!? Its little place called New Bern North Carolina. I really like it here! We are by a lot of water, kinda by the ocean but not really because we just have some inlets from the ocean coming in. so we have some really neat bridges running through our area. And it is also a really country area. Which is great! My companion is Elder Christiansen, if you remember correctly we served in the MTC together! Isn’t that crazy?! I thought it was, i have served with 3 elders from the mtc. Anyway we are getting along swimmingly. So our area, it’s HUGE!!! But it is great, the members are great i am excited for Sunday to get to meet all of them. A member from our ward came out with us the other day, he was a super funny man, and may i say, very bold with people. He said, if you are not a member of the lds church, you’re going to hell! Oh my, it was really funny to hear. He then took us out to eat, it was great, i got some clam and fried okra, and some hush puppies dipped in butter... Now i know what you might be thinking right now, you dipped deep fried corn bread into butter, but i have to tell you it is AMAZING... and it is the leading cause for the dreaded North Carolina donut. The donut you may be wondering is an increase of the fat content slightly above waist line, but that is what sit-ups were invented for, right?! Well i got some of those new Virbrom running shoes, that have no cushion in the heel and are really light and they make you run correctly, as in on the balls of your feet. And long story short i went running in them for the first time yesterday, and i could hardly walk when i got out of bed this morning, it was great! I am going to have great legs when i get home! So on Wednesday we went to the district meeting in Greenville, it’s about an hour drive up. It was a great district meeting, we really felt the spirit their and were excited about the work. We were given the opportunity to share something about goal setting and planning and conversion. We focused on how it is Gods will, and he cares about what we plan because we make a covenant every time we plan something. A lot of new faces, so i hope that i pick them up quick. So New Bern has its own city flag, is the second oldest town in NC and has little statues all over the placed dressed in funny things, there is a bear on the flag, so i like it a lot. I had a wonderful study on how when we share the gospel we are repenting and how we must warm people of sin, because that is our baptismal covenant. An elderly couple brought us up to transfers, they are so funny!!!! I was laughing the whole time up, i will really miss that ward, and I really love the people there. And the work was great. But i am excited to be here as well. I know that it is going to be a great place to serve. Funny story, so i arrive in New Bern about a 3 hour drive from hope mills, and guess what is in my pocket... the keys to the car in hope mills!!! So we had to go to the post office the next day and over night it. How embarrassing... Well they called today and got the keys, so that is good news! Well besides that, oh i saw Bro. Sutton at transfer meeting, it was great to see him!! I gave him a big hug, he is doing well, and was taking down some new elders. He says that the ward misses me, i sure do miss that place, i talk about it a lot to my other companions, and I think I have converted them all to want to serve there... I don’t blame them! Well i think that is about it, have a great week! Thank you for the information about grandpa, it would have been great to fish with him! Love you momma! Love, elder Farr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment