Monday, June 4, 2012
I really did like that area a lot, it flew by... I can’t believe that I was there for a whole 6 months. Wow! It really did go by really fast. But it was good.
So the area is great I really enjoy it. Elder Christiansen and I wake up at 6 every morning start the day off with a good 10 minute run. Followed by a lot of muscle growth activities, and so the area is rather country, and rather huge, its about half of our zone... but I love it, every Friday we go to a farm and do some work, which is a lot of fun! I am excited to have and keep a garden when I get back home, it is such a great thing to have to be more self sufficient. And they just taste so good, and all the farmers that I have met, they are all so proud of whatever they grow, because they put the effort into it! So that was a lot of fun. So we get all the fresh eggs that we can eat! Which is wonderful! Saves us a lot of money, we eat a lot of eggs for the protein, we are trying to get in shape here... we are teaching this man and he lives in an assisted living, he is wonderful, he is kinda funny and hard to read. But he lives everything that we teach, he didn’t know about the word of wisdom, but as soon as we taught him it, he just accepted it and said okay, I will not do those anymore, thanks for telling me I didn’t know... Amazing! Meeting with elder Holland on Saturday was amazing! He was yelling at us, in a good way. And something that stood out to me was that we are NEVER to go back to what we were before our missions, that we have changed for the good and it would be an insult to God if we changed back. He also said every missionary should at least have one convert on their missions, ourselves. He said that they expect that from us, at least one convert. It was great because he shook all of our hands and stared us in our eyes. And after that he got up to the pulpit and said, I didn’t really care about your name, or where you are from, I just wanted to see you, not look at you, but see you, there is a difference. And he goes on to say that he had a personal interview with all of us through those few seconds. And goes on to say that all the missionaries there save a few, were worthy to be there, and the few only had a few small things to clean up nothing to serious. What an amazing gift to be so in tune with the spirit! Needless to say it was a great experience to be there. I really like the area, we have these bridges that we always get to drive over, and it’s really neat. And their are boats everywhere! Really beautiful area, I am pretty happy to be here. Well I love you mom, love elder Farr.
So I really like the new area, its really pretty, there are fire flies everywhere in the evening! They just light up and go away and light up again, I love those little things. Yeah elder Christiansen and I get along great. We have a lot of good times together and work really hard. Something that elder Holland said that I liked is that he hates when a missionary gets up and accounts for his mission in a ward and says some stupid thing he did as a prank on preparation day. So I liked that because it opened my mind to the fact that we are examples of missionary service, and if all I talk about is pranks and jokes that’s what people will think about missionary work. It really made me want to focus more on the spiritual aspect of the work. Something that I have learned is that I have always asked myself, what is the one big thing that could increase my conversion, or what is the big event that would help me internalize my purpose, and I remembered the words of elder Scott, that we should not focus on the most, or the best, but that good is good. And that it takes a whole lot of little things to make something lasting. Who would have thought the primary answers were right all along! I have really been thinking about Elder Bednars talk in the April ensign about the strengthening and enabling power of the atonement of Jesus Christ, that not only does it heal us, but it provides us the strength to overcome. Is something that helped to change my prayers from asking for miracles but to asking for strength to receive them. Dad, I think that you should wear a helmet when you mow... You have got to be careful out there, I have my football helmet in my room if you would like to use it, and it even has a face mask to keep your face safe! Are you feeling better? I wish I was there to take that blow for you, I always mowed the backyard because it didn’t have to look as good! Oh I also got your letter, thanks so much for always writing me! I love you dad, love elder Farr.
So I really like the new area, its really pretty, there are fire flies everywhere in the evening! They just light up and go away and light up again, I love those little things. Yeah elder Christiansen and I get along great. We have a lot of good times together and work really hard. Something that elder Holland said that I liked is that he hates when a missionary gets up and accounts for his mission in a ward and says some stupid thing he did as a prank on preparation day. So I liked that because it opened my mind to the fact that we are examples of missionary service, and if all I talk about is pranks and jokes that’s what people will think about missionary work. It really made me want to focus more on the spiritual aspect of the work. Something that I have learned is that I have always asked myself, what is the one big thing that could increase my conversion, or what is the big event that would help me internalize my purpose, and I remembered the words of elder Scott, that we should not focus on the most, or the best, but that good is good. And that it takes a whole lot of little things to make something lasting. Who would have thought the primary answers were right all along! I have really been thinking about Elder Bednars talk in the April ensign about the strengthening and enabling power of the atonement of Jesus Christ, that not only does it heal us, but it provides us the strength to overcome. Is something that helped to change my prayers from asking for miracles but to asking for strength to receive them. Dad, I think that you should wear a helmet when you mow... You have got to be careful out there, I have my football helmet in my room if you would like to use it, and it even has a face mask to keep your face safe! Are you feeling better? I wish I was there to take that blow for you, I always mowed the backyard because it didn’t have to look as good! Oh I also got your letter, thanks so much for always writing me! I love you dad, love elder Farr.



No comments:
Post a Comment