North Carolina Raleigh Mission

North Carolina Raleigh Mission

Monday, May 28, 2012

MAY 21, 2012


Hey momma things are going great. So we just got word that Elder Holland will be coming to visit the mission, so it will be a question and answer environment, I am really excited about that! I hope that I can think of a good question to ask him, any ideas or questions you would like me to ask So I guess for the newsletter. Our stake started the month off with a very specific fast for missionary work, and we were all invited to fast for each member of the stake to have a missionary opportunity and then the faith to act upon that opportunity. We have seen miracles in our area due to that fast. We were out working and we get a call from a member in the ward, and she says, what are you doing around 5:30? And we checked our plans and said, we will be contacting a few people. Then she tells us what every missionary wants to hear, I have invited a friend to come and learn more about the gospel, do you think you could come and teach her? The answer was of course we could! So we run over there and sit down and start teaching. The member family was amazing, the father bore a powerful testimony on how the book of Mormon will change her life and bless her, and then he followed up with asking her an inspired question. And after his testimony the mother shares how she had been praying and fasting for her to except the gospel and that she would be prepared to receive it. The spirit was so strong in that room, we then taught about King Lamonis father and how he would give up his entire kingdom and all his sins to know what Aaron was teaching him. It was great to see how the scriptures can speak to us personally. We also had the opportunity to go to a funeral of a less active member in our ward, her children did not know about the plan of salvation. The bishop of our ward shared a simple testimony about eternal families, and then invited the daughter and her boyfriend to learn more about the plan of salvation and the Post Mortal world. It really is amazing to think how important the book of Mormon is in reveling all of these wonderful truths, and how it dispels fear. What a great gift we have to offer to the world. Hope that you all have a great month. To all my ward family. Love Elder Farr. 
Well so that is a little that has happened this month, so it has been a really good month so far! Ha, we have been really busy with covering two areas, but it is exciting to see how it is growing in both areas. We seem to always be on the go, which is a good thing and it is great because we all get along so well. Well I love you momma, hope you have a great week! Love, elder Farr.
So all of my companions are jealous how I get a letter every week from you! Well I got your letter, thanks for sending it dad! Well it sounds like it was a good activity, was it a good turn out from the ward for the breakfast? Did we get a lot of non members there? How is the ward on friend shipping those not of our faith? Do they do a pretty good job? I am sure that your patch job will be a lot better than that of mine, you taught me it all... Did I tell you last week we put in a wood floor? It was a floating wood floor, so their will be bubbles in the floor, but it think that it will look really nice, not as nice as the ones you nail down every board, but it was nice, and really quick just the one that you snap together. We had the opportunity to teach in gospel principals yesterday, we were invited to do so about 1 min before class, so we taught about baptism, and I think it went really well, the class got really involved and we didn’t really read to much from the manual which is good because we still covered all of the points in it, just did not have to read it! Elder Schank and I team taught it, it is always nice to have someone else up there when you winging it. So I believe that I will most likely be transferred in the next week, so that will be exciting, I guess we will see where I go. I am sure I will love it and I know that I have some work to do or I would not be sent there. How is your daily scripture study going? What is something that you have learned from your scripture study lately? Its great to see how the book or Mormon can answer all questions of the soul! Well I know that it is not the words that answer the questions always, but that it is the spirit answering because we are being obedient in reading the words of God, and keeping his commandments. The zone is doing well, I will be sad to miss it, we are heading up to Raleigh this Friday for a meeting, it should be a good meeting I am excited for it, the spirit is usually there pretty strong and so a lot of questions are usually answered. Well I got to go, but I love you dad! Love, elder Farr.  

No comments: