North Carolina Raleigh Mission

North Carolina Raleigh Mission

Friday, May 11, 2012

MAY 7 2012


May 7, 2012
Hey mom how is it all going?! Well it was a really good week, I gave myself a good haircut this morning, and it was getting a little long there for a minute.. It was funny we took a picture this morning of the three of us, I will get to that, but I was looking at the picture and it was funny I said, "I look like a missionary". Ha it was funny because it was just different. Well okay about the three of us, we now have elder Hewlett in our companionship, he dated Amanda Farr. Well anyway his companion went home, so he is now with us for the next 3 weeks, which is good I really enjoy serving with him, we now cover the two areas though, so that is rather fun trying to juggle that. But it is good! We are having a really good time and so far so good, we had about 6 hours of church yesterday... wow! But I took a little pocket sized notebook and I had a question in mind and I listened and I got an answer, so I know that whenever we are in a spiritual setting or doing spiritual things and if we have a question, the spirit will answer us. So we moved elder Hewlett into our apt on wed. We brought his bed over and a desk and a few other things, and so far so good.  So this week we went to a funeral, that was neat, we are planning to teach the daughter of the woman who passed on, the woman was a member and the daughter is a nonmember. So we will see how that goes. We played some board games on Monday that was a lot of fun! Another really unique game, that was a lot of fun. Called pandemic.  Well on Sunday we had a stake fireside aka cottage meeting in the stake presidents home, it was great, we had a lot of recent converts and investigators, and the spirit was really strong, it was neat I got to talk to the stake president for a good 5 minutes just talking. That was a good experience. The fireside was great. This should be a good week, we have two exchanges, a stake coordination meeting for ward mission leaders, and then training on Thursday. Which I am really excited for I enjoy going to these meetings I learn a lot and the spirit is always very strong. So my running shoes are about shot... So I might be picking some up here in the future just letting you know.
Yes I got the letter, thanks dad for the money! It is always helpful and I like knowing I have a little savings there just in case. I bet that you did a great job on leading out sac. I bet that the spirit was really strong, oh wow it is already time for the breakfast again, well that is really exciting, who will be putting it on, do we know? Is it just an open invite? I bet that your testimony was great dad! I wish that I could of heard it. Well this will be a great week I know. It sounds like mowing is going well, how many do we have now? I hope that brother Jones is doing okay, is he still your home teacher? How is Janice lundgren doing, I was thinking about her, I don’t think I was ever released as being her home teacher, is there anything that I can do to help her out? Well I got to get going, but I hope that you have a great day, I love you! Love, elder Farr.


HERE IS LAST WEEKS LETTER.....A LITTLE LATE!
April 30, 2012
Well hey there dad how are you doing?! Well this week has been a really good one for the zone, we had an increase in all the key indicators, so we hope to see that continue to rise and to maintain. We don’t want to see any dips, last year around this time the numbers began to dip due to living in a military town during the summer, everyone moves or is on vacation. So I hope that we do not see that happen this month. I recieved the letter, thank you so much for the letter it was great to read it and see how all is going, and I got the money. Thanks for always sending me money dad, that is really nice of you to do. How was the move, who helped out and how long did it take? Did it take multiple trips? Its crazy to see how much everything has been changing over the past while. How are you and mom holding up? Still in high spirits? What do you two do now to pass the time? You should both pick up a hobby, maybe dancing? Or biking? Or a creative writing class... haha I think you would both enjoy that! So are you both going to go on a fun get a way anytime soon? How is work going? It’s really strange for me to think that I am the only member of this family that does not have a spouse... Family parties are going to be a blast!! haha well guess what happened this morning!! We got tracted into by some Jehovah Witnesses, that was so funny, we open the door and they say, oh it’s the Mormons... so they didn’t really try any funny business.. But it was just really funny. Then after they left we noticed that some weeds had grown on our front porch, so quickly weeded them. Well also we are going to Wal-Mart today and we also have another women we are working with there, she is our cashier, and she is a hoot, we gave her a mormon.org card and she has not yet visited so we are going to follow up with her today, we go to her line every week and we are starting to form a friendship, she is a great lady, she asks us a lot of questions about what we do and how we do it. So that is an exciting thing to be doing!  This week was a good one, I drove up to Raleigh again for a zone leader council those are always really good and we focused on the doctrine of finding, so that was exactly what the zone needed, so that is a great chance. I also bought a belt buckle from another missionary, its really neat, it is the north Carolina mission belt buckle, this elders dad made a few of them and I bought one, so it is really neat, I have bought a belt buckle for every area so far. On Saturday we had the ward pig picken, it was a lot of fun! We set up a little booth, one person signed up to learn more... so hey effort not wasted! And that person also came to church, so that was great! We had some good food to eat and visited with a few of the members, it was a really fun thing. I spent the day down in Lumberton this past week, we were teaching a refugee family from bream, who came from Thailand. It was a good lesson; we have to use a translator so that takes a bit longer.. But it’s a good thing! This week should be good we have interviews with President tomorrow and then we have another exchange with elders in Fayetteville, and maybe another exchange with elders in hope mills and I then this Sunday we are having a cottage meeting at the stake presidents home for investigators and we have a few coming, so it will be great!
Hey momma! How goes it? Thank you for the long letter. Well the week has been a good one, and I told dad most of the details in his letter. Haha I am trying to catch up on my letter writing! Well you know that I sure do like to talk, I think that I probably talk my comps ear off... but that’s okay that why he has two! So I really have been thinking a lot of peace and calm lately, and what I have come to understand is that when we get so focused on things to do, we lose sight of Jesus Christ. And then we are in big trouble. I also learned that when we worry about the days to do list, we lose the spirit and we don’t even realize it.. So it is so important to always be feeling for the spirit. And the easiest thing that I came up with about how to recognize that, is simple, Am I happy? If not, then something is out of line with God. And also I think I need to learn more about my family history, so mom could you tell me about your dad and his life? Well I have to get going, but I hope that you have a great day mom, I love you! Talk to you soon! Love Elder Farr

No comments: