North Carolina Raleigh Mission

North Carolina Raleigh Mission

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

OCTOBER 24, 2011


October 24, 2011
All is good and I feel great!! My contacts are holding up well, I still have a few left and I just bought some more solution, so all is going well right now. With my contacts. All four of use wore glasses to church yesterday, with sweater vests and HUGE knots and with combed hair, hah it was so funny! Everyone was like, why do you all have glasses on? And only the young men noticed how large our knots were. It was so large, I didn’t have a tie, and I only had a knot with a little tail.. We had 8 investigators at church yesterday! Three of them have dates, two will soon, and the other two have to be married, and the last he has a ways to go.. We just haven’t had a chance to teach him one on one in a while.. We pretty much go over there everyday just because we have a lot of people to teach there.
This week its been gettin a little colder, dad I don’t think I will be able to recognize the jeep when I get home... your going to fix it up so much! So this Sunday, we had a member from the high council speak to us, and his speaking comp. was his recently returned missionary son. It was fun to see that; I was just thinking if that will happen when I get home.. It was an interesting thought. You think you will be in there another year plus? I guess time will only tell. Mitch is speaking this Sunday... wow! That was so fast! He is going to be gone before we know it. And that will be one more out from the 20th ward, that’s great. So last night we had fresh shrimp, like the whole shrimp, we had to cut em up and skin em, way fun! And we also had fresh crab, like it was alive that morning. So it was a lot of fun! We also might go fishing down at the pier in the ocean next week
 Well I wrote you letter, did you get it? I hope you did! Well I hope you have a great day dad! Love, elder Farr!
Hey mom! So I saw souper Saturday on the ward newsletter and I was like, come on! I am going to miss it.... oh man I was like I have gone to that for years! And I missed all the good soup, that aint fair! We have a ton to do to prepare our investigators for baptism... but in November we should hopefully have 3 baptisms, if not more.. And in December hopefully one wedding, if not two, and 4 baptisms. Just a lot to be doing, I feel like I am always calling and always setting things up and planning and going. It’s been really great! I have been with elder Hartley for 6 weeks now... that was a fast month.. We have a trunker treat this Saturday; I am really excited about that! I love candy... hah so the frosting that you sent for the cake.. Well I ate all the frosting, and there still has been no cake made! Its just really good, I just eat it plain! Nothing extreme this week... Had a good day at church, I taught about the priesthood and the separate offices and the priesthoods. I think I lost em, it was a pretty confusing class. Well I still am growing my love for this area and the people in it, I played with a goat yesterday... it was a lot of fun! Crazy little things. Well not a whole lot to say this week... I feel like life is a blur.. But a happy blur. Well I guess a really good story for the week, we went to a small town with, we went to contact a referral and we walked past this home with the door open and there was a lady in there reading... I felt a prompting, but we go and knock on the referral door. She wasn’t there, we walk back towards the truck and I am about to jump in and then I feel I need to go back... so we go back and say hello ma'am. She comes out she takes the book of Mormon says we can come back and says I will invite my friends. And it was amazing she said I am really interested in this. Anyway, we will see how it goes, we go back down there this Thursday. And today we are going to the falls of nuese. The state park! I am really excited about that! I have wanted to go for 4 months. Love you! Love, elder Farr!

No comments: