North Carolina Raleigh Mission

North Carolina Raleigh Mission

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SEPTEMBER 12, 2011


So time has just flown by in Mt. olive. I can't believe how fast the time has gone, I have been here for 3 months all ready... wow. I Just can't thank the lord enough for sending me to this place. we have seen so many miracles, just everyday there is something to thank heavenly father for. Last night I really grew a testimony of enjoying your calling, and being yourself. there is a big thing about not be robotic as a missionary, and that balance is a hard thing for missionaries to find. but last night we had dinner with an amazing family, we have gone over there a few times but this time we had dinner, laughed and we played the guitar and sang and it was just a good time, and then we got into the spiritual aspect of our lives and we talked about how hard it was for the prophets of old to actually write the book of Mormon. It was really touching to see that the members actually do love us... I have never really understood the importance of that. they really do begin to love and care about you.. they learn your name and know of things in your life, and we begin to love them.. The members really do love and care about my companion and I. and we can feel it. Ha well guess what, I am giving a talk next Sunday! I have one week to prepare. and I have been asked to speak on missionary work, tough subject. but I have really been thinking what this ward needs... and what came to my mind is conversion. so I came up with a subject for my talk is not missionary work how its done, but missionary work and the effects of it in this ward.. so I have called a few members I have grown close to, and I asked for their conversion stories and how the missionaries have helped change their lives.. and they all said yes. so I will be getting them later this week, and I really hope that it goes over well. and I am going to apply each type of story to a separate topic and I have broken the areas down. and finally I will end with, we are all converts to the church, all of us. and I will share my conversion story and that of the bishops and just let everyone  feel their own conversion. and how missionary work has created, the ward, their families, and themselves and have given them the greatest gift, eternal life as a family. and I hope that it will spark the sprit in them. but this week, we found 8 new investigators!! the lord has blessed us so much mom!

Bro... has bought me a machete... nice and sharp with a wooden handle, I named it shila, and I will most likely bring it home with me! elder... has really taught me how to use it, I can lop things off now!  well my watch is really nice! and I got to go! have a great week!! I love you a lot! have a good week!

hey dad, so question to answer. everything is going good, we should hopefully have a few more baptisms next month but it's the lords timing not mine. so I wrote a really long one to mom about the week. but about your talk. 2 Nephi 25, also in the gospel principals book in the chapter of repentance. t hat was really good. because if we are not clean, and not forgiven by god, we will not have lasting joy. The atonement of Jesus Christ is central to our message, and through it we find joy in having our sins forgiven and our burdens becoming light. If we are continually repenting then we are continually thinking of Christ. While I was in the Mtc I was really troubled and I did not have joy. and so I went to my branch pres, and asked him what I should do. and he thought about it and he told me some scriptures to read and to pray for forgiveness. And that's what I did. While I was reading over the scriptures I felt a burning in my chest, not that of comfort almost an unbearable feeling of guilt and shame. but I could feel the atonement of Jesus Christ seeping in. and I finally finished reading and I felt like I was going to be torn in half. I got on my knees and I thought that the feeling would only worsen, but as soon as I began my pray, the feeling fled, and was replaced with that of comfort and of healing, and joy. And ever since that, I knew that god would forgive me, and I knew that through the miracle of forgiveness is the only way to find lasting joy, and I know that my joy will continue on with me into the life after this. Well I hope that will help with your talk! you can use what you see best! I got to go though! I love you so much! all is well, and the work goes on! you're a great example to me, and I always think what would my dad do right now? Have a great week! LOVE ELDER FARR

 Elder Tyler's new Watch
 Yep Elder Tyler's new Machete....Shila
Boys and their toys......!

No comments: