The humidity is starting to roll in and this month is when it starts to get really hot... so I guess we will see how hot it really gets and we will see how well I do with such warm weather... I am hoping well!
So Elder Scott was amazing!! He shook all of our hands! And he stared right at us, he peered into my soul... it was amazing! I was so nervous! My hands were sweating I was so nervous, it was great!! I really loved it! It was a question and answer environment, a lot of the questions were repetitive, and missionaries were trying to get deep doctrine by asking misleading questions... I didn’t like that part so much, and some missionaries were actually rude when talking to him... but it was amazing! He always answered very simply, because that’s how the doctrine is, simple and plain and that’s what makes it so amazing and true. That no matter how deep you try to go, the answer is always simple! And we are the ones that make it far to complex. I really learned that from the experience that I had. He also talked a lot about marriage.... kinda weird to talk to missionaries about that, but he brought it up a lot! And it was amazing to see how important being sealed in the temple truly is! It keeps us active, brings eternal life, and eternal joy in this world and the world to come. A sister asked, was your wife everything you wanted when you first met her? And he answered; she was always so far down the trail that if she did change, I never noticed! It was a great answer and we could feel the love in the room! He said, a mission doesn’t stop until you are sealed in the temple... and that marriage should be our first priority after the mission, the first thing on our list to do. It was great he was simple and clear and said many amazing things. He blessed us, and prayed for us. A lot of it I wont write because it is revelation given to me and should not be shared. Just know it was a life changing experience.
This week has just flown by, on Wednesday we moved back into our apartment, its really nice just up the road and is a little larger. We even have drapes... kinda girly but it makes the apt pitch black to sleep in, our neighbors are really loud, I sleep through it all though but it keeps my comp up. I love my comp, he is hilarious and I learn more and more from him everyday and I truly love him and he is a great companion we have fun, and we work hard! I learn by his example and how open he is. I was very lucky to be put with him. We have been giving a lot of service, but no teaching has come from it, I just get absorbed into the service I don’t talk to people, just work to work, I know we will be blessed for the service. As Christ says we will, we are doing the service unto him.
We rotate the car every week now, so that’s really nice, we can get out to the other parts of the mission, finally!!
I am doing great, getting really tan and know it will only get darker. Immodesty runs rampant around here... its a lot different than home and its terrible that its so popular... I do not like it at all and hope for colder weather.
A crazy story yesterday was testimony meeting and this young marine in the middle of his testimony proposed to his girlfriend... she yelled, WHAT and then yelled YES he says amen, runs down and they start making out!! I was like what the! Only in Jacksonville I guess... it chased the spirit right out of the room... it was weird.
We went to the beach last week, we helped a guy move at sneads fairy and its right next to the beach so all four elders stopped by the beach at sunset, it was beautiful!! It’s so relaxing! So much happens in the week I can never remember it all....! We went out to swonsboro yesterday, that was great, I really like it out there, just small and quiet and right next to the ocean. It smells like salt in the air, it’s a fishing town basically. I love it out there and we should be getting out there more often now. The work is coming great! We have people to teach just have to set up times to teach, this week was rough, we were out so long that we had nothing set up! but it will go go up! I got a letter from elder young the other day, that was great!! Our missions are so different! I am so happy for him! I hope he loves it! This week flew by, and I am scared that it will only get faster..Five months down... I just left yesterday!
Have a great week! I will talk to you on Sunday! I love you all! Love, elder Farr!



1 comment:
Ok, I went to Tj's blog to read today's letter and don't know how I missed last week's -- the marine's testimony/proposal story was hilarious!! That's one way to liven up a F&T meeting, for sure. Really, really amazing experience that he got to learn at the feet of Elder Scott! Hope you had a wonderful M-Day call, Tamee!
Post a Comment