North Carolina Raleigh Mission

North Carolina Raleigh Mission

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Last Email from MTC

Jan 01/04/11 11:15 AM
Hey mom!!  how did the decorator lady go? we get some plans for the wedding yet or what?
Um I am afraid we might lose three more missionaries in our zone.... two for medical reasons and another for others reasons. I know the lord has a plan for all of us and that through him we can do anything and through him all will be fine. I am just sad that they might miss out on this wonderful experience!! What did steph get for her bday? did she get my letter? it's about all I could give her this year,.. I felt really bad! Um I am way excited to  go out in the field! and I don't really need anything else, I don't really want to write letters today.... I Feel like I could use my time more effectively. but I know that I love to receive them so I can only imagine how much yall enjoy getting them. Today we went to the temple!! we wanted to do endowments, but they asked us if we would do initiatories instead, and you just don't say no in the temple. But it  was great and I love the temple and the feelings I get inside. That girl at the store sounds like she knows what's going on huh? I hope she is right! I hear it's amazing and you get a taste of everything, maybe I will just stay there... who knows?! ha. But good, about time Dad is getting in there to get that arm checked out, must still be bugging him pretty bad. so if dad asks I spent 60 bucks today on new clothes, my white shirts from the missionary mall are kind of falling apart, buttons are cracking and falling off and I have all ready replaced three of them, or possibly more. so I bought some nice ones in the store here I got three, and some bleach.. my companions red shirt dyed my white ones a little last week... it was pretty funny! he felt way bad!!! but no problems here we just laughed. I don't think I really need anything else. I leave Monday morning and seven in the morning to Detroit, where we have an hour in a half layover. I have to wake up at three in the morning to get there in time and finish packing. so I am way excited about that!!! also there will be 11 other missionaries flying out with me, so let's hope we can place a few books of Mormon! Um being a zone leader is great, I get made fun of and don't feel like one of the guys anymore... buts that's ok, I am here to be a missionary not a guy! but I love my companion, elder Dunn!! he is amazing, he made my bed once, and I was ticked!!! he beat me to it. so I shined his shoes! and he is just great! our other companion will not do much, and will watch us make his bed and mend his clothes and not even offer to help, but all is well. The lord knows us and we all are different! just love everyone for who and what they are! well hope this was long enough! love ya!!

5 comments:

Karey said...

So glad to see you're doing this, too. It will be great to be able to share their missions. We were so excited that TJ was Bruce's host today. It made the drop off a little easier for me. TJ looked great!

Lisa Childs said...

I love this blog! I have been smiling the whole time I read the posts. :) Elder Farr sounds like an excellent missionary and the spirit is radiating from his words! Tell him to expect a letter shortly!

:) Praying for him, praying for the work! Thank you for the blog!

Lisa Adachi

Time to Blog It Up! said...

Lisa, thank you for leaving such a nice comment. He is a great son and I know he would love to hear from you. He is one person who will always make you smile. Thank you for sharing your prayers with him. TJ's mom.

Kristin said...

This blog is so good! I love being able to read about Elder Farr!! As always, he seems to be going above and beyond, and it's fun to hear in his letters! I'm so so glad you made this for him! :)

Time to Blog It Up! said...

thanks Kristin....How is everything going?