January 29, 2011
Well north Carolina, kind of ugly right now... really miss Utah. I sent a letter home with some pictures, and just fyi, super short letter..... ah sorry about that! my new comp is Elder Hafen from st George Utah and I think he has a blog too... I think. I like my comp, he knows the area but is still kind of new to the area so we have a lot of work to do just to get to know the members. we have a baptism coming up, sooo excited. Wow wade is going to Washington huh!? is he way excited? and Evan to Japan, weird, I think his dad went there as well.. and that is almost all of my friends now are out or have calls.. weird. and I have been out a month, kind of hard to believe but at the same time scary because I have 23 left and it's kind of scary.. but I will overcome that no doubts. I think I have gained 10 pounds... I don't know where at though, maybe my legs, because I look the same! I am at about 180, most I have ever weighed in my entire life... no I did not send anything home, I accidently forgot my toothbrush and alarm clock though..... good thing we have phones! I am in a biking area in Jacksonville the 3rd ward. we want more people to teach, so the area is great and coming along well.
wow everything is just changing so much since I have been home, that is so weird, but I am excited to come home and see everything when I get home. I bet the house looks great and I can't wait to see everyone, in about 23 months.
wow everything is just changing so much since I have been home, that is so weird, but I am excited to come home and see everything when I get home. I bet the house looks great and I can't wait to see everyone, in about 23 months.
I will send the card home this Monday. okay? I miss our conversations also, we had some good ones and always enjoyed laughin, good thing my comp is so funny!!! well I will see you in a few months, won't be to long now! let's get some photos of recent stuff! like your room and everything! well I love you!! love elder farr. and I hope I got everything. check with dad, he got some stuff also, probably not the same though..
Dad, sorry it has taken so long to write back, this has been my first opportunity. At first it was pretty hard for me. It's not was I was expecting. We have one baptism coming up though on the 29th so that should be great!! I might get to do it, so pray for me! I am adjusting better and I feel more comfortable. We pray often for help and guidance and only want more people to talk with. We have meals every night this week with the auxiliary leaders. Oh and I am in the Jacksonville 3rd ward, it's by camp lajeune a really large marine base. So a lot of people coming and going in our area, once again a challenge. But we are trying. I just want to be an effective missionary. The days are pretty fast, can't believe it's been a month, kind of weird.. and it's not too cold out here.... colder in Utah for sure. But we will see about the heat, right!> thanks for the advice about the newspaper, I will remember that for sure.
My companion is Elder Hafen, from st George Utah. he has been out a year and can't believe it. I do not help much with the district stuff but just help when I can. I enjoy the work and wish I had more of it. The bike riding is tough, we went for about 20 miles my first day on it. my legs were killing almost gave up there too. but I can do hard things with the Lords help. We are working hard on everything! We have great ward missionaries and love going out with them and the area is not very pretty... I really miss Utah. But I will see it all again soon. our apartment is nice, one bedroom and a living room and a kitchen, we even have our own washer and dryer. So yeah that helps a lot. I sleep well at night and am budgeting my money well. Thanks for the letter!!! The music, yeah no iPod touches allowed, only problem.. how is work, and your talks. how was your talk? you excited for Andy? just fill me in. Thanks for always writing me, I wish I could write you more I love you dad!



No comments:
Post a Comment