North Carolina Raleigh Mission

North Carolina Raleigh Mission

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

NOVEMBER 21, 2011


Hey Mom how is it going over yonder? Well this week was rally really good, they usually always are. We taught a lot a lot this week, actually we taught 17 lessons! One night we taught five lessons in one house... it’s that great family I have been working with the whole time I have been here, they are so funny! They all need to be taught separately, so it takes a lot of time, but we love them all a lot. I was super tired the whole time. Also this week I spent a day in Clayton NC with the zone leader, their neighbor is a heavy smoker and their house reeks!! ... mt olive just feels like home to me. I just like the country too much to like anything else. And for thanksgiving, we have 3 meals planned... boy oh boy.. I am going to be hurting.. I think I will probably break the word of wisdom by eating to much.. Haha well this week was great! A lot of planning to do, we have 3 baptisms this weekend, two the next week and a wedding, and 3 more baptisms the week after that... ha I am trying to baptize the world before I leave here. So I have a feeling that it is going to be super busy planning and getting everyone where they need to be. But I know that it will work out for the best! We are going to go over their on Thursday to visit, they call it fat day.. And they are making chitlens. Or aka, pig intestines. YUM! So by the time I leave here, I would have eaten every inch of a pig.. Bro Sutton is making stomach for us soon and I think some soup with the hoofs in it... so I will let you guys know how that goes! We cut down a tree the other day, one of our investigators they live in a trailer and have no water and no power and heat with wood.. So we all ready dropped off wood for them, but they are out. So we called up a member went to his house and cut down a tree.. an we filled this trailer up with the wood. So I think that it will keep them more for a few more weeks, I hope. So please pray for our investigators. We have just been so busy, I haven’t had time to eat dinner almost this whole week.... so the other day I was just starved so we ran by McDonalds we had about 20 min. an I just chowed down what I could, it felt really good to eat. The members feed us, but we are too busy to go so they just have the other two over. But that is okay I was called to teach, not to eat. Haha well that’s about it on my side of the week. I don’t think that much else is going on.. Oh I loved my package! It was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed all the little "what we are thankful" for cards. I loved everything in it and bro Sutton loved the caramels! Thanksgiving with the Scott and Billie, that will be a lot of fun! I am sorry no one is going to be there for thanksgiving... but that will be a lot of fun! Oh and another box.. WOOO what a great surprise! I can’t wait to get it! Oh for Christmas mom, I would really love to have a drawing from you. Maybe a picture of Captain Moroni waving the Title of Liberty. I believe it is alma 46. Or near that. I would love that for Christmas! Well, I love you! Have a great week! Love elder Farr!
hey dad! The work is great! We had 14 member present lessons, and 3 other lessons and 3 Recent convert less active lessons. So we were working really hard. We also helped brother Sutton but some mosquito wire under a deck, so we had to add support along the 4x4 so we had something to put the wire on, so we ran 2x4 through it on top and bottom and them we nailed the wire down and then put some lattice made of wood over that to hide it and it turned out really good. So that was a lot of fun to do. I received the box on wed. And go figure I wasn’t there... ! So I had to wait a whole day! I loved the pictures! They were great! And I really enjoy the gps, its HUGE! I really like it a lot, I will be sending the other one home today. Everyone loves the caramels; mom always does a great job making them. And I still can’t believe that you called bro Sutton!! haha you make me laugh dad! Okay I will let you know ASAP about the next "test box" ha you guys make me laugh! 
We have been seeing some many miracles dad! It’s been so amazing! I love being a missionary, I really do. And it is the weirdest thanksgiving, their is no snow anywhere... it has been so hot out here the last few days. Well I got to go, but I love you dad! Love, elder Farr!

No comments: