North Carolina Raleigh Mission

North Carolina Raleigh Mission

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

TWO NEW EMAILS....

July 18, 2011
Hey mom!!! my only mother! how is it all going? This past week was an emotional roller coaster of the tenth degree... just so many highs and lows, it was rough. but I prayed and was guided to that scripture.. D&C 122, it really hit home for me and brought my troubles into perspective.. so I hope that it might be able to help you out as well! The chicken feet, YUM!!! not bad at all, you eat the bones and all. but only the toe bones, the ankle is to thick to eat. So I think by the time I leave here I might have an accent, and have eaten every part of a pig, and a chicken that can be eaten, and probably some parts that you aren't supposed to.. I love it!! I can't believe I got more information from dads email than yours!!! So the area is really good, I put most of the info into dads email.. the day to day stuff. Now see here, I may weigh 200 pounds, but I do not look FAT!!! I still am fit and healthy! I am just more filled in! looking at pictures before my mission, I was no way!! those pants were that baggy!!! ha funny stuff...
Oh mom, could I get a two year calendar filled in with important dates? so I can keep up on the things of the family? If not I understand.. So something that I have been learning in my studies, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is centered on love... and without love, we have nothing. with love, we gain everything! it says in john, God is love. Simple as that. so if we continue to gain love for everyone, we will grow in the gospel and our spirituality will grow also. and we will become happy. Amazing how simple that is... LOVE IT! Hola mi padre. Como Esta? Well that's the extent of my Spanish vocabulary!! My week has just flown by way to quick... I was just here emailing all of you. my contacts are doing really well, the humid sometimes makes the contacts stick to my eye, and that's always fun to take off. The area is going really well, we have come across a lot of great people but for one reason or another we can't teach them, they are either out of our area, or leaving, or the worst their preacher will come over and give them a hellfire and damnation talk and will scare them away, even though they felt the spirit.. it's been rough this week in that way.. just getting hopes up and then having them dropped so quickly. but D&C 122 solved that. So my week,
last Monday we went up into Goldsboro and shopped for some ties, I found two good ones and only spent a few dollars on them, then we went fishin! I caught the most fish, it was a lot a lot of fun!! I only caught a few little guys.. but it was still really fun! fishing out with a white shirt and tie, boy I was sweating out there. and then we ended up cleaning the apt.
Tuesday, we went out and visited people and taught a few people. nothing to special happened. Wednesday we had training down in Goldsboro, it was pretty good, it was nice seeing all the missionaries. then had dinner with a great family. and then visited a few members.
Thursday, we taught some lessons
Friday we taught a great new family that somehow got our number and called us... the lesson was great, but their preacher came to them... ah. that was rough but moving on just biking around. Funny story so the ward asked us to make a list of our favorite foods and so we did... and elder eteaki made it and the spelling was all off but he put elder barbanos name on it and somehow the whole ward got a copy of it.. so funny!! so now we are getting food! it was really funny.
Saturday. biked and worked nothing special got a flat tire nine miles out, and got picked up. nothing to crazy.
Sunday we visited members taught them, and biked home. nothing crazy happened this week, it was more of a rough week for us...
we also took out this huge old plow, that was really fun! and I did eat some deep fried chicken feet on Sunday, you just eat the bones and all. it was not half bad. not a whole lot of meat, mostly skin.. but good tasting! and today.. well it's a new day and we pray for the lord to bless our efforts! Its a lot of fun being in the only four man in the mission, and I always worry if I am doing what I am supposed to, but lately I found out, just be who I am. and don't hide what I am. it makes things easier. I have been stressed the past 7 months on the rules and on being that "perfect" missionary. but I realized that it doesn't matter, I am the missionary the lord intended me to be from how I was raised and brought up. Well I hope you had a great day I should be 

sending stuff home soon! love you! elder Farr.

Mon, Jul 11, 2011
This is me being a pig farmer!!! YEEE HAAA, OINK OINK!! You always wanted a pet pig...
HOWDE! so the southern accent... I can't say if it is coming... I hope that it is.. haha. well the hottest month is about here. august is the hottest I have heard.. so I can't wait! it is still nice and humid, I have gotten use to the knats that just hover around us and for some reason aim for our ears.. I told dad my day to day stuff. the week has been really good! really quick, I  can't believe that it is all ready Monday again.... wow! Oh no letter.. haha I sent pictures in my email last week.. did you not get any? I sent a lot! well that's lame! so spiritual note, I have not felt the spirit of missionary work lately... and I was confused why. and so I was reading through the scriptures and I found myself hungry, and thirsty, but not for food but for the word of god. and I read and read and could not get enough... and the next day I was reading and was prompted to repent. and I did, and I was soo relieved and I felt the spirit upon me again. and I was reading through 2 Nephi 4 and it brought me joy. and I know that repentance is a day by day process, if not minute by minute and that we must continually repent to have joy. Because if we are continually repenting we are continually thinking of our savior. well..... not much else on my part.
This week just flew by, I don't even remember the week, I feel like I just emailed you all yesterday. so the day to day,
Monday, we had a big party with a lot of Hispanics and played basketball, really funny guys. and finished going through the ward roster.
Tuesday, we did service, well had it planned but he didn't show to pick us up so we had lunch with a very sweet and funny lady, she is the oldest member in the church. and she is a hoot! then we had a few appointments but they all didn't go through..
Wednesday. we had district meeting, that was nice. I shared a thought on love. we then went around with a member to see where people lived and old investigators and helped him out. picked up pinecones. well we were on exchange and I was with elder forcey. funny elder. we went out with a member to part member families and we just got to know them and set up apt to go back and teach them.
Thur. service again up at a church owned camp called eagles nest. we mowed the lawns and did a little other stuff, it was scary, it's a young women's camp... and they were there.. we were with our member like white on rice. I have never been so uncomfortable in my life.. there were also a few other missionaries from another area. we went to the place called the southern bell for lunch, not bad food. and then we ate again, and then we had an apt with a less active family. and I think we ate again... any way we eat a lot down here... it's all I feel I do. so I weighed myself, and it said 205 pounds.... but that scale is off five pounds so now I am sitting between 195-200 pounds... hahah its so finny!!!! my pants are getting tighter. but I am not fat, it's all good! People are just such good cooks down here.
Friday was a good day, we worked with pigs, thousands of pigs in this place and we had to sort them, and so I chased em down and sorted by size, nasty they smelled bad, and we smelled like them for hours after, even after showering. yuck. and the smell stayed in my nose. so fun! we then visited people and ate. and yeah. Saturday we  picked peas, and corn, and mowed a lawn with a riding mower, that was fun. and saw some of the country side! it has been really good! and then we went out and saw some miracles. and talked to a lot of people in the hood. we hear gun shots occasionally, and most people we talk to are either drunk or high... I have gotten good at telling by their eyes.
Sunday. the usual going out and working. and eating all the time. I don't even have to buy food anymore... yeah its crazy. maybe I will be able to save some money here.... church was great, we taught the Sunday school, and priesthood. and it was a lot of fun! well today we are going tie shopping, and going fishing, maybe I will catch something. You should send me your talks from month to month. good idea? well I love you all have a great week! love, elder Farr! have fun 
and be safe!



No comments: